Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Self-Reflection


As a young child, I followed the beat of my own drum, going where my free and unaltered spirit took me; even if it meant getting myself into some deep and hot water with the parental unit.

Back then, I would run wild and barefoot through the forest, as if that was where I belonged. It felt like home. It was a place I felt connected to, where nothing could reach me, nothing would harm me. I felt protected, and completely at ease, away from the world outside of the forest. Planting myself firmly deep into the soil beneath the soles of my feet, I felt recharged. As if my inner being new just what I needed, in that moment of my life. Never did I feel more at ease, than I did when I was just sitting quietly alone in nature.

It was there that I realized that I had a deep spiritual connection to the nature that surrounded me in the moments I was there. I would just sit and talk to the trees and animals, as if our spirits connection had been through many lifetimes before. Somehow, I knew that my deep connection with nature would never leave me and would be a constant factor in my life. No matter the trials and tribulations that the world through at me, I always knew that I could disappear into the quiet and calmness of the forest and reconnect to the world within.
           
      Still to this day, as my journey continues, even with all that has and will come into existence during my lifetime, I always will find comfort and happiness in the warmth and tranquility of the forest. Where the soul-being of my physical body reminds me that I am surrounded by all that life is meant to be. Peaceful, calm, and in complete harmony with all that is. 

-Pagma

No comments: